Be the Statewide Voice
- Build brand equity.
- Know who we are and what we do.
- Create action and awareness. Strategies
- Leverage the efforts of KVB through a recognizable, consistent and credible brand.
- Utilize a KVB strategic communications plan to ensure relevant, consistent and timely communications to our members.
- Foster inclusiveness in our member community through building consensus and co-development of communications content.
- Regularly disseminate credible indicators and benchmarks of statewide performance in key impact areas.
- Evaluate and disseminate relevant legislative information and issues related to our primary impact areas.
Provide a Framework for Improved Communication and Collaboration
- Resource sharing between organizations.
- Cross-training and best practice dissemination.
- Regular reporting mechanism.
- Establish a state-of-the-art presence on the Internet which provides links to or information on:
- Efforts and organizations
- Best practices
- Funding or project opportunities
- Forums for information sharing
- Create and maintain a current directory, accessible by internet and telephone, of key people, organizations, and resources active in impact areas.
- Prepare or gather training material.
- Conduct training programs to serve the program, organizational and development needs of KVB member organizations.
- Prepare and report credible performance indicators.
Cultivate and Support Sustainable Programs
- Statewide or regional programs that achieve desired results for multiple sectors (e.g., public education and industry).
- Funding that is secured through KVB leads to sustained measurable results in KVBs primary impact areas.
- KVB follows recognized best practices as a fiscally credible and accountable organization.
- Help KVB members solicit and secure sustainable funding sources.
- Act as a clearinghouse for funding sources.
- Facilitate the development of regional and statewide projects that may be co-opted by local litter prevention and recycling program managers, for example, Keep America Beautifuls Great American Clean Up.
- Monitor, analyze and transparently report funds raised through KVB support.
- Host statewide issue-based forums as needed, to bring public and private interests together, enhance inter-sector communications, and increase awareness toward fostering greater partnerships.
Engage Citizens by Linking Them to Volunteer Opportunities and Information
- Volunteers always available.
- Volunteer groups informed
- Unique Services:
- Design an automated, user-friendly system that provides:
- A searchable calendar of volunteer opportunities including local, regional and state-wide efforts.
- A database of volunteer opportunities.
- A clearinghouse of information for volunteer services supported by KVB and other volunteer service organizations.
- An easy online volunteer sign-up form.
- Coordinate efforts with all stakeholders to avoid duplication and ensure accurate information and registration processes.
- Actively promote volunteerism through the automated system and mass media channels.